Before reporting a maintenance issue at your property, please review our FAQs and factsheets.
Our Property Management Centre has extensive knowledge on property maintenance, and the vast majority of issues can be solved with quick everyday maintenance.
If the below guides do not solve your maintenance issues however, please register and report your issue through My Scott Fraser. Please provide us with as much detail as possible, and if required your dedicated property manager will be able to organise for a contractor to visit your property.
- Washing machine not draining properly? Check soap dispenser and filter to remove blockage; don’t fill the drum full, please evenly distribute the weight. Refer to user manual in your welcome pack if provided or on line.
- Oven not working? Set clock/time and check switch on wall is on.
- Dishwasher not cleaning crockery? Ensure salt and rinse aid is topped up; clean the blades and remove any blockages from the filter. Use cleaning fluid regularly as advised by the product manufacturers.
- Fridge Freezers not keeping food items cold/frozen? Check temperature dial is set to around 3. Move food items away from the back of the fridge this will allow the temperature to circulate more freely. Freezers need to be defrosted regularly to maintain the correct temperature.
- Dryers (inc washer/dryers) – not drying clothes? Do not over fill; suggestion to put only ½ a load each time.
HEATING & RADIATORS
- Radiators not warming up? Probably air is blocked in the system. You will need to use a radiator key (if not in welcome pack, can be purchased from supermarket or hardware store). The lock to the top side of the radiator can be turned gently to release the air, as soon as water comes out you need to close the lock. Visit our How to Guides.
- The lights are not working? If it’s one light, check the bulb and replace if required. If its lots of lights that are not working, check the fuse box as something may have tripped. If one of the switches is down, switch it back up. If you experience further problems please log a maintenance job on line.
- Aplliance tripping the electrics? Before going to the fuse box, first unplug all items that have a plug, everything including TVs, lamps, fridges and reset fuse box. Plug/turn items back on one and a time to determine which appliance is causing the problem, then log the maintenance jon on line.
CONDESATION & DAMP
- Inside of the windows are wet – especially in the morning. This is caused by the inside of the property being warmer than outside, therefore you need to moderate the level of heating in your property. Windows must be wiped down daily especially in the winter months when you have the heating on and its cold outside. Too much build up of moisture in the property will cause mould spores to form on the walls, ceilings and around windows. You must ventilate the room/s when you are showering/bathing and also drying clothes on airers or radiators. Affected areas can be wiped down regularly using a sponge and diluted bleach, very carefully. Review our Condensation Factsheet.
- My smoke alarm is beeping? Your battery is running low and needs replacing.
- Rats, mice, bees, wasps, ants, bed bugs…. Your tenancy agreement states “To take all reasonable precautions to prevent infestation of the Premises and to pay for the eradication of any infestation caused by the negligence, action or lack of action of the Tenant, his family or his visitors”. The following companies can be contacted Oxford City Council 01865252344 or Cannon Pest Control on 08448 805870, they will charge.