At scottfraser investments we act solely on behalf of our buy to let investment clients to provide impartial and objective advice on the purchase of investment property, unlike estate agents whose main duty of care remains with the seller.
Our specialist service is tailored to the needs of landlords who wish to either start or expand existing property portfolios but lack the time, experience or inclination to commit to research the market.
Founded in 1998 as an investment property sourcing consultancy scottfraser have particular expertise in this field and operate by ‘cherry picking’ prime investment opportunities for the benefit our clients. These opportunities are often offered with tenants already in situ and are not available on the open market.
An investment property is not a liquid asset and our clients are in it for the long haul. Choosing the right property in the right location, as well as being fully aware of your responsibilities as a landlord, is vital to ensure success. There is no margin for error and mistakes can be costly.
With a high degree of local knowledge combined with in depth expertise, we recommend only the most exceptional buying opportunities. We have close links with local estate agents and developers allowing us to identify suitable properties often long before they reach the open market.
We have particular expertise in the acquisition of property on behalf of overseas clients, as well as hundreds of UK based investors, who are either too busy or too distant to be constantly searching websites, speaking to estate agents and wasting time viewing unsuitable properties.
A large proportion of our investor landlords have never met us in person and have never seen their investment properties. Our whole relationship with our clients is based on absolute integrity and trust.
In addition to our expert local knowledge of the market, scottfraser is also able to ensure that our clients have access to the best solicitors, surveyors, mortgage brokers and other professionals, as well as offering essential guidance on how the property is best prepared for the Oxford lettings market.
Our Investment Process
- Consultation – Initial discussion to ascertain the client’s requirements, budget and reason for investing.
- Identification – Appraising and pinpointing the best possible opportunities available and making clear recommendations, including advice on how best to prepare the property for letting.
- Negotiation – Ensuring the best possible deal is achieved, not only on price but on other important aspects of the purchase.
- Purchase Co-ordination – Introducing the client to other professionals as required to ensure swift exchange and completion, liaising with the seller to arrange key collection, snagging (for brand new homes) and transfer of utilities.
- Design, Refurbishment & Furnishing – Advising on and project managing the preparation of the property for rental.
- Lettings & Property Management – A comprehensive service from initial marketing, preparation of legal documents and on-going property management to ensure the property realises its potential.
- Disposal – Knowing when to dispose of a property is as important as the right time to buy. Therefore, we are on hand to assist should the property need to be upgraded, improved or sold in the future. In the event of a sale we endeavour to secure another investment purchase. This saves the seller an estate agency fee and allows the tenancy to continue thus negating the need to dispose of any furnishings. However, if further exposure is required to achieve the best possible sale price we are able to pass the sale over to our residential sales department who provide competitive fees to scottfraser clients.
- Fees – The initial consultation is free of charge but any purchase made is subject to a scottfraser acquisition fee based on a percentage of the purchase price and becomes due on exchange of contracts.